Started by Esmera, Mar 14, 2018, 10:29 PM
gian hoa mat khon
Occupation
Freelancer
Race
Mixed
All I ask of you, all I ask of you; just open up a little bit more;
Mar 14, 2018, 10:29 PM / 409 Words

You guys are very unlikely to notice anything changed at all, but, I wanted to give everyone a heads up regarding some minor shuffling the site is going to be doing for a day or two. Shouldn't take long, there's not much to deal with, honestly.

The original main admin just stepped down from this site due to personal, real life issues. That means I'm now taking over. Most won't notice a difference, as I was already more publicly visible, so it's just a minor mention. @Mystique is now taking a moderator spot, and they are the general go-to re: world-building, we are very tight so if you talk to one you're basically talking to the other. Either of us will work, to be honest.

We are now mixed-PBs in general, if you're more comfortable using artwork or animanga style PBs instead of RL ones, you're welcome to do that. I know not everyone can handle mixing the two but I hope we're all okay with this change (if you're not, please reply to this thread, or PM me, and let me know; otherwise, turning off avatars in your Look and Layout settings will make images go away so you can basically turn a blind eye).

Indigo Heart colour may be going away. Ngl, I'm not sure why it's here. The group colours will also be changing a bit, we're expanding a little on Hearts themselves and the semantics of how they work. Currency name is also changing, and we'll be expanding on religion and geography/climate things as well. The IC boards will do a bit of a shuffle, but not much of one.

For now, we're on a temporary default theme. The theme we were using before was purchased by the former main admin, and only they have rights to use it, so, despite my having coded it, I will be making a new one for World of Hearts going forward. If you have any requests regarding the theme, such as font sizes or overall colour schemes you prefer, let me know!

Other than that, keep going. This shouldn't affect World of Hearts much at all. Thanks!
gian hoa mat khon
Occupation
Freelancer
Race
Mixed
All I ask of you, all I ask of you; just open up a little bit more;
Mar 15, 2018, 06:00 PM / 184 Words

Alright, the new theme is usable, but it is not 100% done, so excuse the stardust. We are now open to guests again. If you have any feedback regarding the theme, either reply here or PM me. =)

I do need to eat. Haha.

We also now have topic descriptions as an option, and topic dates. I know for some it'll take some getting used to, but please date your IC threads! It'll tie to an automatically populated chronological thread time-line, so that way nobody gets confused as to what takes place in relation to this other thing. We had some issues before with ... me, for instance, getting confused and slurring the time-line all up, so, now we can keep track of that easier!

We're in year 218, early to mid-March.

I think all that's missing on the theme is the PM template, the member list template, topic listing template, and profile templates, I have to figure out what to do for them. Haha.

Okay, so, enjoy!
Tags: